Projekt och finansiella angelägenheter
Fiduciary responsibility guides all activities at Dorights. Our primary goal is not financial returns, our primary goal is to limit the amount of greenhouse gases in our atmosphere. Everyday, we are ferociously dedicated to deliver on that promise to all our members. We our so incredibly proud of the trust you have placed with us. That pride drives us to deliver and excel at everything we do. We are confident that we can limit emissions and balance the climate, we can’t do it alone, but as we grow with every member it is so obvious to us that there’s a force out there, a force to be reckoned with. If you want to get involved beyond a membership we’d love to hear from you!
A lot of similar services to Dorights may either plant trees, hand out electric ovens in developing parts of the world or support renewable energy sources. We dislike these solutions. They usually fail in the long-term, make a lot of assumptions or support something that would have been built regardless. Dorights solution, instead, is to rely on EU regulations. Emission rights are auctioned and traded in an open market. By taking part in the trade, we reduce the amount of emission rights available for polluting corporations.
First of all, Dorights take no part in any colluded activities or seeks tax havens. This means that one chunk of the money goes towards taxes and fees; social and environmental sustainability goes hand-in-hand. When we have paid our dues we are left with what we call a disposable income. Of the disposable income, 85% goes towards activities that directly limit greenhouse gases in our atmosphere. The remaining 15% fund supporting activities such as running a website, reaching a larger audience, investigating new technologies, accounting, and other corporate stuff.
Dorights’ 2019 has been eventful, with many firsts. Our first customers, our first tonne of CO2 mitigated, our first website, our first advertisements, our first partnership. We are now ready to accelerate, grow our firsts and find new ones.
Fact: European electricity production from coal plants declined by 19% on a year-on-year basis, let’s keep this change going.